Nutrition 101 – Let's keep this as simple as we can!
- If it comes in a package and has a label...it may not be food.
- If you can't pronounce the ingredients...I'm pretty sure it isn't food.
- Shop around the perimeter of the grocery store.
- Don't eat grains, dairy, sugar, or anything processed.
- Corn is a grain.
- Go as organic and local as possible. This applies to both plants and animals.
- Eat tons of veggies, medium amounts of meat, little fruit, and snack on nuts and seeds.
- Drink water and keep your coffee and tea unsweetened. No stevia, etc.
- Shop often because food expires quickly.
- Being healthy requires effort, plan on it. Just a heads up.
Shopping List – First things first...clean out your refrigerator and pantry to make room!
Protein:Seafood (Wild Caught)
Beef, Buffalo, Lamb, Elk, Venison, etc...(100% grass fed and Organic)
Chicken, Turkey, Duck, etc...(Pastured and Organic)
Eggs (Pastured and Organic)
Bacon, Sausage, etc...(100% grass fed and Organic)
Vegetables:Acorn Squash, Arugula, Asparagus, Beets, Bell Peppers, Bok Choy, Brocoli, Brussell sprouts, Buttercup Squash, Butternut Squash, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Collard, Cucumber, Delicata Squash, Eggplant, Garlic, Green Beans, Greens (beet, mustard, turnip), Jicama, Kale, Leeks, Lettuce, Mushrooms, Okra, Onion, Parsnips, Pumpkin, Radish, Rutabaga
Fruit:Apples, Apricots, Bananas, Blackberries, Blueberries, Cherries, Dates/ Figs, Exotic Fruit, Grapefruit, Grapes, Kiwi, Lemon/Lime, Mango, Melon, Nectarine, Oranges, Papaya, Peaches, Pears, Pineapple, Plum
(Limit Dried Fruit)
Fats:Cooking Fats- Animal Fats, Clarified Butter, Ghee, Coconut Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Eating Fats- Avocado, Cashews, Coconut Butter, Coconut Meat/Flakes, Coconut Milk, Hazelnuts/ Filberts, Macadamia Nuts, Macadamia Butter, Olives, Almonds, Almond Butter, Brazil Nuts, Pecans, Pistachio
Limit The Following Fats- Flax Seeds, Pine Nuts, Pumpkin Seed, Sesame Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Sunflower seed butter, Walnuts
For More information Please check out our Resources Page.